CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's a Boy!

The wait is finally over! Those of you who guessed that our baby boy would come "late" were right, but luckily we didn't have to wait too long to meet him!

Kyle Douglas Kacamburas
Born: Thursday, May 13, 2010 @ 9:03am
Weight: 6lbs 14oz
Height: 20 inches

I started having contractions on the evening of May 11th (my due date and also my last day of work, coincidentally). They were not painful but had some rhythm to them. I went to bed and thought 'we'll just see what's happening in the morning'. Well the next morning, they were feeling a bit stronger and happening a bit closer together. We decided to call the doctor and see what they said. I had been in the day before and was 4cm dilated, so they thought they'd check me again at the office that morning. Long story short, we went into the office, I was still 4cm dilated but now my contractions were coming almost 4-5min apart and they decided to send us to the hospital...IT WAS TIME!!

I'll skip the details of the next 24 hours that I was in labor (and a lot of pain) and just say that our little guy and my body decided to act like a square peg in a round hole and not fit the way nature planned. I ended up delivering via c-section and we experienced the miracle of life welcoming our perfect baby boy into the world at 9:03am!

Throughout our 5-day stay at South Shore Hospital we met some of the most amazing doctors, nurses and maternity staff that we could have ever imagined. It was a great experience and we are thankful to everyone there for making this experience even more memorable than it already was.

Thank you to everyone who came to visit us in the hospital and stood by the phone (at all hours of the night) waiting for the news! Adam, Kyle and I are so blessed to have you all in our lives and we look forward to sharing this journey with you!

Here are some pictures of Kyle's first days of life :)

Click to play this Smilebox photo album: Our Baby Boy

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Kelly!! So glad to hear that baby Kyle is doing well. Hope you are recovering well from your c-section :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!! Congrats to you and Adam. We love and miss you guys. Can't wait for playdates this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for bringing us so much joy!
    Love, Nana & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! It makes me want to do it all over again, there is nothing like it! We should get together once your mobile and feel like getting out! Wes would love a play date!

    ReplyDelete