CafeMom Tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Splish Splash!

So by 8 weeks, Kyle has made his first trip to the beach, and taken his first dip in a pool! The beach was an experience - let's just say it was my first trip to the beach where I didn't just pack a towel, sunscreen and a book to read. Instead I packed up a couple towels for Kyle, his sun shade, the Boppy, hat and sunglasses for him, toys to play with, the camera, bottles, diapers, an umbrella (I never sit under an umbrella!) etc. We went with Nana and Papa down to Loop Beach by their house and stayed for about an hour. It was a nice day, and we would have taken a trip into the water but Mommy didn't feel like braving the seaweed that you had to get through first (wimpy..) so we'll try again next time. Here are some pictures from our day at the beach!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Beach Bum


Kyle actually visited the Ocean Edge pool first while visiting YiaYia and Papou but he slept almost the entire time while we were there, so we didn't get him in the water, but he did sport his adorable shark spf shirt (equipped with a fin and all!) We figure there will be plenty of opportunities so not to worry. We did, however, get him in the water at Nana and Papa's house. They recently got one of those blow up pools that has a filter and it's a perfect addition to their backyard! We got some Kyle in the water and he seemed to enjoy it - by that I mean he didn't cry. We look forward to lots more splishing and splashing this summer! Here are some pictures, and a video, of Kyle's first experiences with pools.
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Pool Time

1 comment:

  1. Too cute!! I need to meet him

    Isn't it crazy how a trip to the beach has changed. The first few time I went I brought a book (crazy!!)

    Next year he will be running around the beach digging inthe sand!

    ReplyDelete